There’s no denying that nature can be quite powerful. We see it every day in the form of extreme weather, beautiful sunsets and, more recently, the powerful medicinal effects of herbs and natural supplements. Customers all over the world are realizing just how helpful naturally based supplements can be for whole body health. In fact, according to Consumer Reports, Americans spend over $33 billion a year on alternative and complementary medicine.
Natural medicine has, however, developed a bit of a reputation for being prime real estate for con artists to operate. Since natural medicine don’t have to pass the same regulations as pharmaceuticals there’s plenty of space for tricksters to open up shop. This vulnerability to fraud has always been an issue with natural health care. Ever since the industry first began in the 1700s, there have been products which have truly helped while others have done nothing but leave a trail of empty wallets and broken promises in their wake. How can customers protect themselves? Today, that’s easier than ever to do thanks to the internet and the research it can help you do before you shell out money for anything.
Homeopathy and Male Performance Issues
Male enhancement products have seen a sharp increase in the natural remedies currently available. There are pills which claim they can do just about everything and, to be fair, some of them have been proven to work. But how can you wade through all the hype and get to the real deal? The answer is fairly simple, but you’ll have to do some homework.
Check Out the Ingredients
The fastest way to see which male enhancement products might be worth your money is to see which ones tell you about their ingredients. Plenty of websites will make a big deal about over the top promises and some pretty crazy claims but they aren’t as forthcoming about what they put into their supplements. Some claim it’s simply a ‘secret blend’ of various herbs while others avoid mentioning anything at all about what they put into their pills. If they aren’t willing to tell you what you’re taking, why would you trust them with your money?
There are some herbs and elements which have been studied, tried and found to help many men. When looking at various pills, be sure you see what they are putting into the pills and check to see if any of the following are included.
- Vitamins E & B3 – Both of these vitamins are essential to a healthy body and you should be getting them every day through a healthy diet rich in green, leafy vegetables and other whole foods. Vitamin E is well known for its positive effects on the skin and for all over sexual health. Vitamin B3, in the form of Niacin, is used to help with blood flow which is, of course, an important part of male sexual health.
- Oat Straw – Sometimes referred to by its proper name, Avena Sativa, this herb nourishes the nerves. This makes tactile sensations more powerful.
- Cayenne – Although normally associated with hot chili recipes, the cayenne pepper has actually been used for generations as an herb with some amazing medicinal properties. It can be used to treat a variety of stomach ailments and also promotes healthy blood flow and circulation.
- Saw Palmetto – This herb has received an amazing amount of attention as it supports a healthy prostate and also aids in ease of urination. For men, this makes Saw Palmetto a vital and key ingredient to any male enhancement product.
- Hawthorn Berry – The Hawthorn Berry is another natural ingredient which has been used for ages as a way to promote healthy blood flow and circulation. Hawthorn Berry – also called crataegus oxycantha – has been used since the Middle Ages and supports heart health and general circulation.
These key ingredients should be in any high quality male enhancement product which uses natural ingredients. This is not, however, an exhaustive list. You should also look for ingredients which have become more common in the world of healthy medicines. This includes herbs such as Ginko Biloba, Ginseng and soy based proteins, all of which are available for a variety of ailments and which can also directly help with male performance issues. Take the time to find out the ingredients of any supplement you’re considering. Being a more informed consumer will result in your being able to find a natural supplement that will actually work and avoid the con artists who prey on the ill-informed.