In the arena of male sexuality there are few topics that engender as much confusion as the questions of stamina and premature ejaculation. As a matter of fact, these two issues tend to be tied together for men who suffer from them. How a man deals with them often comes down to his understanding of the two topics and the expectations he has for himself. It goes without saying that if a man’s self-confidence is negatively affected by perceptions of poor stamina and premature ejaculation it could have an equally negative effect on his sex life. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way.
‘Stamina’ – “the strength or vigor of bodily constitution: capacity for standing fatigue or resisting disease.” (Merriam Webster Online Dictionary)
According to the dictionary definition, stamina is the physical power or ability to fight through fatigue or disease in order to carry on. Relating this to male sexual function it would mean the power and ability to push through fatigue and resist the urge to ejaculate in order to extend the sexual experience.
The biggest problem therapists have in dealing with stamina is that it is relative. In other words, how long should a man be able to last in bed? How many times should he be able to resist the urge to ejaculate? How much time is required to have a fulfilling experience for both partners?
Stamina is relative because sexual expectations among couples are different. One couple might prefer 15 to 30 minutes under normal circumstances while another couple might be more inclined to go hours at a time. There are even young couples in their late teens and early 20s who can have a fully satisfying experience in a matter of minutes. The issue of stamina needs to be dealt with on an individual basis in a way that is mutually acceptable by both partners. With that said, let’s look at the two issues of fatigue and premature ejaculation.
The Fatigue Factor
Fatigue is certainly relative to overall physical health, the amount of heavy labor or exercise engaged in, the amount of sleep one gets, etc. As an example, a man who is employed in manual laborer could have an exceptionally long day and be thoroughly exhausted when he walks in the door that evening. That fatigue could prohibit him from engaging in sexual activities that lasted more than 15 or 20 minutes. Yet it would be inappropriate to assume there was something physically or emotionally wrong because he wasn’t able to last an hour or more.
Stamina in the bedroom can be influenced by a number of things:
- The amount of exercise regularly engaged in
- Eating habits
- Mental or emotional stress
- Sleeping habits
Premature ejaculation is also relative to both the individual male and the couple together. It needs to be approached in conjunction with several other things including whether or not a man’s partner is being fully satisfied, how long it takes that partner to reach orgasm, and how long the couple wants the average sexual experience to last. When all of these things are dealt with together they go a long way to answering the questions of stamina and premature ejaculation.
Where to Go from Here
For men who believe they suffer from premature ejaculation the opinions of others don’t matter. His perception is what needs to be dealt with before it destroys his self-confidence and the sexual relationship with his partner. To that end, here are some suggestions:
- Discuss It with Your Partner – Make a point to discuss your perceptions of premature ejaculation with your partner. You should come to some agreement as to what you expect from the sexual experience; this includes time spent, the amounts of foreplay involved, and so on. Once you both know what your expectations are you have goals to start shooting for.
- Discover Your Sweet Spot – Believe it or not, the medical community is slowly coming around to the idea that men have a “sweet spot” similar to the female G-spot. If a female learns to stimulate that sweet spot just the right way she can bring her man to climax very quickly. By the same token, she can also avoid that sweet spot in order to prolong the experience. If premature ejaculation is an issue a man and his partner should explore his penis until they find that spot. Once they know where it is, and how it’s best stimulated, they can alter their practices accordingly.
- Use a Daily Supplement – Men also have the advantage of using a daily supplement like Rizer XL. Such male enhancement formulas are designed to do several different things including controlling premature ejaculation. The natural ingredients found in products like Rizer XL help to regulate the body’s natural systems so that a man can better control his ejaculations.
Stamina and premature ejaculation issues don’t have to be a problem for you and your partner. By openly discussing these things and employing some helpful strategies you can put an end to any difficulties you’re having.