When men want to give their performance a boost, they have several options. They can learn new techniques, research different positions and work on improving stamina and flexibility to name a few options. But one of the biggest advantages many men want is to find a way to achieve harder erections. There are now several pharmaceutical options but many men prefer to try more natural means before going to their doctor to obtain a prescription. Luckily, several companies have developed natural supplements which bring together the vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals as well herbs which can help produce harder and more long lasting erections. Here we’ll take a look at some of the basic foods and herbs which often go into these supplements and which you can incorporate naturally into your diet as well.
Three Key Ingredients to Harder Erections
Although there is a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and herbs which can contribute to harder erections, at its core, a healthy penis needs three key ingredients.
- Strong immune system
- Good circulation
Supplements, diets and herbs that help to achieve harder erections work by bolstering these three key areas in order to get the best results. These new supplements or specially formulated vitamins can go a long way in helping to enhance sexual performance, and including foods that work on the same level can give you even more a boost.
Nutritional Support for Healthy Success
When you want to give your body – and your penis – the best shot at healthy functioning, there are a number of foods that you can choose from. Here are seven of the best foods to incorporate into your diet and how they’ll help you in and out of the bedroom.
- Watermelon – Watermelon has emerged as one of the healthiest foods you can consume. It offers a host of nutrients which can help with everything from cardiovascular health to reducing inflammation. In terms of boosting sexual performance, watermelon is rich in citrulline. Citrulline encourages the production of nitric-oxide in the body which, in turn, increases blood flow to the penis.
- Dark Chocolate – Before you run off to the candy shop, take note of the fact that it’s Dark Chocolate – not milk chocolate! Researchers at the University of California have found that about 1.6 ounces of the dark chocolate each day can help improve the dilation of blood vessels by more than 10%.
- Oysters – the rumors are true! Oysters have long been valued as an aphrodisiac and scientists finally understand why. Raw oysters are rich in zinc which improves blood flow and also encourages testosterone production.
- Bananas – There’s some irony in here somewhere. Jokes aside, bananas offer a heaping helping of potassium which encourages better blood flow and relaxes blood vessel walls for better circulation throughout the body. The potassium also helps to mitigate the effects of a diet high in sodium, which means they can help lower your blood pressure as well.
- Walnuts – Bump up your consumption of these healthy nuts and you’ll get a boost of L-arginine, an amino acid which promotes the production of nitric acid. A study at the European Food Safety Authority found that eating about a quarter cup a day could easy help encourage harder erections.
- Nutmeg – Speaking of nitric oxide, nutmeg offers another way to boost its production. Nutmeg has also been named one of the most powerful natural aphrodisiacs in the world and can enhance sexual performance and boost libido.
- Pistachios – A study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research named pistachios as a sexual super food. According to their research, the higher levels of arginine in these nuts improve “sexual satisfaction, orgasmic function, sexual desire, and overall satisfaction.”
Incorporating these foods into your diet alongside other healthy changes can easily help improve your sexual performance and give you the harder erections you – and you partner – want. When used in combination with supplements and vitamins, a diet rich in these foods can also help boost stamina and get you in peak shape no matter what you want to get up to.